Saturday, January 12, 2013

For the last few days we have been hanging around the house a bit and enjoying the company of Laura's niece Willow.  She's adorable and turning three next week.  With her we went swimming and ate some delicious foods!  Willow is a little fire cracker and so much fun.

Today Laura and I met up with her friend Ruth and traveled around London.  We watched the changing of the guard, went to some tea shops and ate some pub food. There was a lot of walking around and seeing the sights, some of which I've seen before and some of which I have not.  I saw Downing street for the first time, pretty cool!  There were some street performers that we watched who used to be on Britain's Got Talent.  One of them came up to me and started booty shaking while he was dressed as Michael Jackson.  It was hilariously awkward.

I also reached a milestone today in the Whittard tea shop.  I tried a tea and I finally found one that I like, it's a miracle!  I'm so excited to finally find one after everyone raves about tea.  I found it wonderfully perfect that my first purchase in England was tea!

As my previous post have been very wordy, then this one will be mostly pictures.  Enjoy!





















The picture below was something strange that caught my eye.  Apparently these discarded skateboards used to be in the shape of a big skateboard.  Ruth said she thinks they might have been some sort of an artistic installment but they were in such a strange place.  They were at the base of the bridge in the river Thames.

Laura(back) and Ruth(front) enjoying themselves on the bridge =]

We visited this soap shop called Lush.  Their soaps are all natural and handmade.  There's this stuff called "fun" that can be used as body wash, shampoo, bath soap, and hand soap.  It's so cool!  The shop workers made little sculptures out of "fun".  Their soaps were all so beautiful, I could help but just take photos of so many!










The lip exfoliant is edible.  So after you rub it on your lips to soften and moisturize them, you lick it off.  Pretty cool!

The ducks are huge so I took a picture.

Laura's dad was so nice and made these delicious dessert gluten free!  They are SO delicious!!

Laura and I got some free hemp samples from Lush.  I did just the tips of some of my hair.  I wanted to test it out before I decided to dye my hair again.  I'm not too sure if I really want to dye my hair again.  But I did dye Laura's hair.  We still haven't taken it out yet, so I can't report any results yet.

That's all for now, have a great day!
Love and pixels,
Kaylen

No comments:

Post a Comment